Dear Swimhaus Fam,
Swimhaus is built on a foundation of safety. Safety of students, families, and staff. Whether that’s in the water or in dealing with COVID-19.
We understand that each family’s situation is unique and that there are differing views and comfort levels with COVID-19. Below, we have provided some insight into our efforts to ensure a clean, healthy, and safe experience while at Swimhaus. We are here for you when you decide the time is right to jump back in!
We are taking calls every day to get students on the schedule. In addition to the infant survival swim and group class options you are accustomed to, we have added a budget-friendly 15-minute private class option for parents who would like additional distancing and more one-on-one time with the instructor.
15-Minute Private Lessons
Want to avoid other people? Want your child to excel with a customized swim curriculum? We’ve created a budget-friendly private class option just for you! 15-minute private options provide:
- More one-on-one time with the instructor when compared to group classes (15 min vs 10 min).
- An opportunity for the instructor to target problem areas to get your lil fish swimming faster.
- Extreme social distancing. No more than 6 students in the entire pool during these class times. The facility is yours!
- We have taken steps to decrease the number of people in the facility at a given time. This includes fewer classes during each time slot, as well as decreasing the number of students in upper-level classes.
- For customers who wish to have even more distancing, 15-minute private lessons will be available throughout the week. During these times ONLY private lessons will be happening with no more than 6 students in the pool at a time.
- Classes will now use alternating sides of the pool to help space out students and instructors.
- The flow of foot traffic in particular areas of the facility has been adjusted to allow for better distancing.
- Each shift will have a dedicated team member with the sole focus of cleaning.
- All high touch surfaces (chairs, doorknobs, benches, changing tables, restrooms, etc) will be sanitized AT LEAST every 30 minutes with a hospital-grade disinfectant.
- As always, our routine deep cleaning takes place at the end of morning and evening shifts and includes the cleaning and disinfecting of everything. Seriously, everything ;).
- According to the CDC there is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools. Our state-of-the-art sanitation system along with the use of chlorine inactivates all traces of the virus in the water.
- The Swimhaus team has been provided additional training for teaching lessons in a way that maximizes the distancing of students as well as in how to exceed CDC sanitation protocols.
- We have asked all staff to stay home if they are not feeling well or have any flu-like symptoms.
- All staff will go through a health screening and have temperature taken before each shift.
- For the protection of our guests, all Swimhaus staff will be wearing personal protective equipment.
- We ask any customers who are feeling ill or have been around individuals who are not well, to stay home.
- Siblings are encouraged to stay home (if possible).
- We are requesting that only one caregiver accompany children in the facility.
- A sanitizing station is located by the front door. All guests must sanitize their hands prior to entering the facility.
- Additional hand sanitizer will be located throughout the facility.
- Per the town of Gilbert, masks are required for all guest over the age of 6 in order to enter the facility. Masks are not required to be worn while in the pool.
- We have taken steps to facilitate proper social distancing and ask that guests follow 6’ physical distances from other guests whenever possible.
- Families are welcome to come into the facility no earlier than 5 minutes before class.
- All swimmers are highly encouraged to come in their swimsuits ready for lessons.
- Once inside, each family will wait near the play houses to be called to class.
- Changing tables and a limited number of changing rooms will be available for customers who need to change diapers and for adults to change for the baby swim classes.
- After the previous class has cleared the pool area, students will be called in for class through the door by the showers.
- Viewing area chairs have been appropriately spaced for guest safety.
- At the end of class, parents will be called onto the pool deck to meet their child(ren), dry them off, and get shoes on. There is an area on deck with chairs to aid in this process. We ask that families do not go back into the changing area after class unless necessary. Obviously, adults who have been in the pool for baby swims are welcome back!
- Loaner goggles will not be available for use during class. If your child swims with goggles, we have a brand new shipment up front available for purchase.
- Play areas will be temporarily closed (we are just as sad as you about this!)
- Showers will be temporarily closed.
While the world has changed, the importance of water safety has not. Our focus remains on the health and safety of the entire Swimhaus Fam. We will continue to evaluate new and enhanced safety measures to help keep us all well.
As always, the best way to get updates from us is by following our Instagram and Facebook pages.
We love you guys!
Erin and Jim Gleason